Restaurants at Eltz Castle
Dining in a Medieval Setting
There are two cosy self-service restaurants in the outer castle, where visitors can dine while enjoying a beautiful view over the castle and the Eltzbach Valley.
A dining experience for young and old in a Medieval Setting. We serve full meals as well as snacks.
The "Unterschänke" with 100 seats around the lime tree and 90 seats in the Romanesque column hall.
The "Oberschänke”, seating 120, at the castle well and in the Goldsmith’s Cottage.
From our Menu:
- Sandwiches or rolls – with cheese, ham or salami
- Curry sausage with French fries
- Spicy pea soup and goulash soup
- Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Schnitzel with French fries and salad
- "Alsace Flammkuchen" / leek and cheese
- Large salad
- Crusty roast
- Venison goulash from the castle’s own hunting grounds
- Wild boar roast with fresh "Spätzle" and cranberries
- … And many more
Both "Oberschänke" and "Unterschänke" also serve coffee or tea and a large variety
Hot Meals: 10.30 am to 4.30 pm